Thursday, March 30, 2017

My Top Three Most Creative Pancakes

By Chanton Pace
Motlow Buzz Reporter
            When some people wake up in the morning, they may think about coffee or even their day ahead of them, but I personally think of pancakes when I wake up in the morning. 
I have been making pancakes for as long as I can remember.  I used to make them all the time when I was younger with my aunt, and I have been making them on my own since freshman year of high school.  So I guess I could say I know a thing or two about pancakes and how they operate.  I have seen tons of pancake recipes throughout my days as a self-proclaimed breakfast chef.  I have seen everything from regular old-fashioned buttermilk pancakes to caramelized butternut almond pancakes. 
So in this blog article, I am going to give you my three most creative pancake recipes out there.  These recipes are not only unique in ingredients; they are also extremely unique with taste.  Two of these recipes come from my very own secret pancake database, while one of them comes from www.halfhourmeals.com.

Milk Toast Pancakes by Chanton Pace
Image result for french toast pancakes
            Milk Toast Pancakes are by far the best pancakes to have for your holiday season.  Not only are they tasty, but they are also uplifting and really put you in the Christmas spirit.  I recommend this pancake recipe to anybody who is trying to cheer their family up with a little holiday cheer.  I have personally eaten these pancakes for the past three Christmas seasons.  I give these pancakes 3.5 stars on taste but 4.5 stars on creativity. 
Ingredients
            For these pancakes, you are going to need to have 1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 3.5 teaspoons of baking powder, 2 cups of milk, 2 tablespoons of butter, and 3 teaspoons of olive oil.
Directions
1.      Heat a heavily oiled skillet or griddle over medium heat.
2.      In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar and baking powder. Make a well in the center, and pour in the milk, butter and olive oil. Mix until dry ingredients are evenly moist.
3.      Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. Cook pancakes till you are able to flip them with a spatula. Flip with a spatula, and continue cooking until golden brown on the bottom.


Oatmeal Griddlecakes by www.halfhourmeals.com
Image result for oatmeal pancakes
            Oatmeal Griddlecakes are by far the tastiest pancakes on this list.  These pancakes are a tasty treat that can also have a great purpose in someone’s diet.  If you use healthy oats to make these pancakes, you have yourself a muscle-building breakfast.  I personally use this recipe when I am trying to bulk up and build some muscle.  I give these pancakes 5 stars on taste and 4.8 stars on creativity.
Ingredients
            For these pancakes, you are going to need to have 1-¼ cup of oatmeal, 1-½ cups of buttermilk, 3/4 cup of flour, 3 teaspoons of Sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1-½ teaspoons of salt, and 2 eggs, unbeaten.
Directions
1.      Mix together the oatmeal and buttermilk and let sit for 15 minutes to soften the oatmeal. 
2.      Then stir in the remaining ingredients.
3.      Bake on hot griddle.


Scotch Pancakes with Caramelized Banana by Chanton Pace
Image result for pancakes with bananas
            Scotch Pancakes with Caramelized Banana are the perfect winter pancakes.  These pancakes are perfect for cold winter mornings and even for dinner as well.  With the scotch pancakes and the warm taste of the caramelized banana, the taste warms your body and gives you a warm, cozy feel.  While I do not rank the taste but at 4 stars, I give the creativity to this recipe a full 5 stars.
Ingredients
            For these pancakes, you are going to need to acquire 1 teaspoon of baking soda, a dab of salt, 8 ounces of low-fat butter milk, 8 ounces of cold water, 1 medium egg / unbeaten, 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder, 1 cup of plain flour, 1 tablespoon of Sunflower oil, 2 or 3 bananas, 8 ounces of caster sugar, 8 ounces of unsalted butter, and Cinnamon powder.
Directions

1. Pour the flour, baking soda, turmeric and salt into a bowl.
2. In a different container, mix the water and buttermilk together.
3. Pour the eggs into the flour and add a packet of the buttermilk mix.
4. Using a spoon, work from the center of the mixture outwards slowly combining the eggs with the flour.  Add some of the buttermilk mixture at a time as you mix.
5. Put an oiled frying pan on the stove. Pour a small dab of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook the pancakes for about a minute and a half on each side.
6. Place the cooked pancake on a plate and keep them warm in the oven while you finish the recipe.
7. Pour the caster sugar into a non-stick frying pan and let it melt over medium heat.
8. Once the sugar has melted, turn up the heat till it goes slightly golden brown in color. Then stir in the butter, cinnamon and bananas and then cook for a couple of minutes.
9. Put a couple of pancakes on a plate and top them with the caramelized bananas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment