Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Taylor Swift Shakes Indianapolis

By Georgie Allen
Motlow Buzz Contributing Writer

Ever since I was a child, I’ve loved attending concerts. The first show I ever saw was Brooks & Dunn at the Houston rodeo when I was 5 years old. From then on, I was hooked.
Over the years I have seen some amazing shows: One direction, Foreigner, Taylor Swift (five times) and many, many more. Nothing else comes close to the rush I get when I’m at a show. In the course of my life, I have seen about 36 shows. From personally driving to carpooling, from hotel booking to sleeping in cars, I’ve done it all.
I consider myself a veteran concert attendee, and I’d love to share my reviews and advice to all of you. I’ll let you know the dos and don’ts of concert etiquette and which shows are and aren’t worth attending. Stay tuned to see if my first review hits a high note with you!
Are you ready for it? Because I sure wasn't. On Sept. 15, 2018, Taylor Swift brought her Reputation Stadium tour to Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. Swift broke the stadium's attendance record, beating out acts like U2 and One Direction. In a note of gratitude posted on Instagram, the pop star said her fans broke the concert attendance record at the 67,000-plus capacity. Check out Billboard’s article on her record-breaking night here: Taylor Swift Breaks Indianapolis Attendance Record
With openers Charli XCX and Camila Cabello, Swift put on a heck of a show. She opened with "...Ready for it?" and serenaded the crowd with hits like "Look What You Made Me Do,” "Blank Space” and "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." With astonishing effects such as fireworks, fire and flying through the crowd in a lit-up cage, Swift totally enraptured the Indianapolis crowd. Swift also gave each of her fans a free gift: A plastic bracelet that changed colors with the songs of the show.
During the middle of the show, Swift ran down the middle of the stadium floor through a barricade, touching hands with fans. Swift took her time and tried to reach everyone before jumping up on B stage and surprising fans with a performance of "Forever and Always" from her "Fearless" album that came out back in 2008.
Though there were no special guests at the Indianapolis show, there were quite a few celebrities, including John Green, Kelsea Ballerini, and Bailey Madison.
Swift clearly does not care what anyone thinks of her anymore. She shed her good girl persona for a sexy bad girl-esque performance. Fans don snakeskin attire and Swift sells snake accessories at her shows, has a giant cobra prop during the concert, and has even named herself, "Mother of snakes." She completely embraces her snake persona that was meant to tear her down. See Billboard’s article explaining Swift’s serpent history here: “Why Do People Call Taylor Swift A Snake?”
Reputation has agreeably been Swift's most exciting chapter so far. Swift is set to be grossing $9 million (yes million!) a show, and now has the title of highest-grossing U.S. tour of a female artist. According to Billboard, after only 27 shows, Swift has raked in more than $200 million.  Take a look at Rolling Stone’s article on Swift’s record-breaking stadium tour here: Taylor Swift Breaks Her Own Record for Highest-Grossing U.S. Tour by a Woman
Maybe it is a good thing that the "old Taylor is dead" as Swift says. 
Swift seems truly happier on this tour, and she seems to be acting like her true self. After she waved her final goodbyes to the Indianapolis crowd and blew the fans one last kiss, she walked off stage. The lights went out and one single quote appeared on the screen: "And in the death of her reputation, she felt truly alive."
Reputation Tour Indianapolis Set List: Swift kicked off Act One with “…Ready For It,” “Gorgeous,” and “I Did Something Bad.” Next was Act Two with “Look What You Made Me Do,” “End Game,” and “King of My Heart.” Following was Act Three with “Delicate,” “Shake It Off,” and “Dancing With Our Hands Tied.”
Swift went through an unbelievable six acts! This show was truly unforgettable and without a doubt one of the best nights of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment