Monday, November 16, 2015

Our Trip to Panama City


By Cora Payne


            Ever since I was younger, my mom had promised me that she would take me on vacation. She had always asked me where I wanted to go, and I told her Florida. She had promised she would take me on my 16th birthday, 17th birthday, fall break, and graduation, but every time we tried to plan vacation, something always came up.
            The summer of my 18th birthday, my mom had been talking about going to Florida AGAIN, but I never believed it would happen. In August, my mom’s best friend Kim had gone to Panama City, FLA. She called us and said, ‘You will never believe where we stayed.” My mom asked, “Where?” Kim said, “A TRAILER PARK!” My mom couldn’t believe that this was true. She found out the name of the place and looked it up. She started looking at the place and saw that it wasn’t run down or trashy. It was actually really nice. My mom then told me that we were going to be going to Florida for Fall Break and stay in a trailer park.
            When Fall Break came, I was excited that we were going to Panama City Beach. We couldn’t check into the trailer we were staying at until Saturday. We decided to stay at the Flamingo Motel, and we had an ocean front view! On Friday, we got into town about 5 p.m. We drove and walked around exploring the different things we could do. Dinner time was right around the corner, and I wanted some sautéed shrimp, so we went to Sharky’s.
            On Saturday, we enjoyed breakfast at Panera Bread. Then we went shopping. Later that day, we were able to check into the trailer park. When we arrived, a security guard met us at the entrance, and he checked us in. We then made our way to 362 Amberjack Lane. When we got to the trailer, we unpacked. We decided we wanted to go explore, so we jumped in the golf cart provided by the park and rode around. WE noticed that Venture Out had putt putt, shuffleboard, a private beach, a pier, two heated saltwater pools, a basketball court, a tennis court, and a playground for kids. By the end of the first day, my mom and I had fallen in love with the place.
            With this being my first trip ever seeing the Gulf of Mexico, I can honestly say I will not stay anywhere else other than Venture Out.
            There are many different things you can do in Panama City Beach. During my trip, I went and rode on an air boat, held a real alligator, went on a cruise, and laid at the beach and many other things. If you would like to visit Panama City Beach, here is a website to help plan your trip: http://www.visitpanamacitbeach.com/things-to-do/attrations/.
            If you would like more information about Venture Out Rental, you can visit their website for all the different rental trailers they have at http://www.ventureoutvacations.com/  



No comments:

Post a Comment