Thursday, April 6, 2017

A Nothing into Something

By Myia Jones
Motlow Buzz Reporter



            When I was a child, I was always into being famous. I couldn’t get enough of the media. Just seeing the cameras and the bright lights, along with the stars on television, has always amazed me. I loved the extravagant colors of wardrobes, and seeing people change their emotions, whether it was real life or a cartoon.
            My parents always kept me involved in sports like dance, tap dance, track, basketball, etc., but I knew that wasn’t for me -- at least the “real” athletic sports. As a child, I would beg my mom to put me on TV, or let me model, but her response would be, “This is just a scam!” I couldn’t seem to shake the feeling there is more out there in the world because I saw it on TV. Every birthday, I used to pray and wish that I would become “a somebody” by the time I was at the age of 16 to the age of 18.
            Growing up, I was bullied and doubted I could be anything. I never told my parents, so it took a hold on my heart. I was soon introduced to the performing arts, where I learned I could be myself. Once I got on stage, it was like I was a certified natural. I became addicted to the sound of “LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!”
            When social media came into play, it was like love at first sight. Social Media is what really helped me decide specifically what I wanted to do in life. I loved taking pictures and creating posts for others to relate to, as well as getting out certain feelings, or emotions, when I didn’t have anyone to talk to. It’s something about following your favorite celebrity, or keeping up with the latest fashion trends that had me.
            Fashion was never my thing. I couldn’t seem to realize what looked good on me, or what my actual style was. What really played the part in this was I had a low self-esteem from all the bullying, and at the time I didn’t know my worth. I would always wear jackets and blazers to hide my skin, and ponytails to hide my length, but there has always been a flame in me, that swore I would get it all together.
            Fast forwarding to the end of my 12th grade year, and I became more of a fashionista—without the funds. When I got to college, I exploded with the ability to not be afraid of me, and I had the funds this time. I began trying things I never thought I would, and wearing clothes I never thought I could.
            In the year of 2016, things became clear. I had just gotten a new job in downtown Nashville, and I felt as if it was exactly what I needed. I met a lot of designers, store owners; you name it. I’ve also met a lot of famous people like athletes, dancers, singers, etc. Coming from the small town of Murfreesboro, you rarely meet young people who own businesses, or a lot of black business owners. One of the most “awing” moments for me was to see people my age that are very successful. In a short time of experiencing all of this, I decided I wanted to create a blog about celebrities, gossip, and the latest fashion trends.    
            My blog, Jae’s Box, is just that. This article is intended for women and men ages 16 and up. This blog requires the viewers to subscribe where they will now be known as a “jewel,” hints the name “Jae’s Box,” as in a jewelry box. Most of my articles will be posted no later than the day the specific event will occur. We will have a comment section for each article where viewers can state their opinions, and we will have direct messenger for comments, findings or concerns. We plan on having multiple social medias in order for our subscribers to be able to take us with them anywhere.
            Now that I’ve introduced how I came about writing my blog and what my blog will be about, here are a few articles that will be featured:
           
Nike Will Be Introducing Hijabs for Their Muslim Athletes in Spring 2018
The Hijab, according to CNN Money, took 13 months to make and came into creation after Muslims athletes would complain about having to wear their traditional scarves while competing.
Nike also states the “Nike Pro Hijab” may have been in the making for more than a year. http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/07/news/nike-pro-hijab/

Katy Perry Says She Tried to “Pray The Gay Away”

Singer Katy Perry received an award from the Human Rights Campaign  in LA and openly opened up about her sexuality, deciding to thank the LGBT community.
In her speech, she spoke about growing up in a very strict and religious family. Katy mentions, she was very curious about her sexuality, but knew that it wasn’t something that would be accepted.
Katy claims she tried to “pray the gay away” at Christian camps, but she ended up finding her gift. http://www.katyperry.com/

Tomi Lahren Suspended for A Week
Tomi’s program, “Tomi,” will be off air for at least a week, according to The Hill, after what was reported as rising tensions between her and other Blaze employees.
Lahren reportedly upset her boss, Glen Beck, after her appearance on “The View”. Tomi claimed to be “pro-life” and even took shots at conservatives, calling them hypocrites according to the Daily Beast.
Glenn took it to his radio show on Monday to blast his employee.
On Monday Lahren took it to Twitter to try and do a little damage control, which prompted her boss responded back.    https://twitter.com/TomiLahren?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Tennessee Teen and Teacher Go Missing Together
Corpus Christi police said they have been unable to wrap their head around the fact that, a Tennessee school teacher and a student he’s accused of kidnapping were in the South Texas Gulf Coast city.
Tennessee authorities have been hunting for the 50-year-old Tad Cummins and the 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas for two weeks.
Cummins has been added to Tennessee Most Wanted List after being suspected of kidnapping the teen. http://people.com/crime/elizabeth-thomas-missing-tad-cummins-romantic-emails-school/



No comments:

Post a Comment