Thursday, April 6, 2017

Piece of Peace

By Monica Leslie
Motlow Buzz Reporter

 

The greatest force is derived from the power of thought. The finer the element, the more powerful it is. The silent power of thought influences people even at a distance, because mind is one as well as many. The universe is a cobweb; minds are spiders.- Swami Vivekananda, Hindu Indian Monk

If used right, your mind can be a deadly weapon, in which your deadly weapon is put into full force when you LISTEN to it. As easy and simple as the phrase may seem, the process of actually utilizing our mind to its full capability may sometimes be extremely difficult. From making a decision between right or wrong, to even writers block, The M Experience” is based off  the idea that our mind and creativity is our biggest tool. Now you might ask, why read this blog? What shall I obtain from The M Experience? The answer is simple. This blog has one simple message: It is possible to use creativity in all aspects of your life; freeing your mind, entertainment and creating revenue.

Personally, I use writing as my escape. To me, there is no bigger stress reliever than picking up a pen or opening up a Word document and typing for hours….

In my reality, writing changed my whole perspective on life. If you are anything like me and you value alone time then this concept is easy for you. For example if even the thought of being in a room full of people sounds dreadful or exhasuting. If any of this sounds even close to how your mind or heart works, then my answer to you is WRITE.

Personally, anxiety has always something I have struggled with. At some point, I realized I could use my weakness and make it my strength. Instead of letting my emotions overtake my mind, I decided to write my thoughts. All it took was one day of free writing to realize this is what God put me on this earth to do. Stress is the easiest emotion. When life gets hectic our bodies are immune to naturally becoming stressed. When I became stressed, I sat down and just began to write something.

To me, my creativity had no bounds. I would spend hours writing poems, songs, stories or even devotionals. Some of my most detailed and thought out work was done on my worst days. When you channel negative energy or a anxious heart towards a positive measure, you will be astounded at what your mind will come up with.

What about those people who don’t enjoy writing? Well, you’re in luck. Creativity comes in many forms. As adults we tend to be very on the go, whether we are busy between working, attending college, raising a family, or whatever our situation may be, we sometimes forget who we really are. It’s normal to get so wrapped up with planning the future that we forget to live in the present.

When was the last time you actually sat down and either wrote how you were feeling or what was stressing you in a notebook?  Or for the non-writers, using art or music to express yourselves. Using your creativity and mind capacity to simply express how you feel about a situation that is stressing you or something you cannot discuss with anyone is the healthiest drug there is.

 My advice to anyone who is reading The M Experience is to dedicate time for YOU. Sit down and express yourself. Start with maybe finding a song that you really enjoy and listen to it while you open up your journal, and take 20 minutes to write down everything you wanted to say today but bit your tongue. Or maybe write down a goal you would like to accomplish and how you plan on accomplishing it. I promise you that 20 minutes will give you a world of benefit.

As a woman whose fundamental foundation is revolved around creativity and individualism, I am an active believer that our minds have the power to accomplish ANYTHING. Do not get me wrong, I understand that life’s hard, and with life comes many trials and tribulations. Do not fear though. With the help of this blog and a little brain power, you will see that overcoming and achievement are not impossible, but guaranteed. In a world that revolves around money, we often find ourselves in a bind between choosing a job or career that we HAVE to be in and not something we enjoy.

“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bounds. Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.” – Patanjali

          This quote expressed by the noble scholar of the Hindu philosophy, Patanjali, explains that when you enjoy and are passionate about what you do, you will see things in yourself that you otherwise never would have.  Your mind has no limits when it comes to things you are passionate about. For me my 100 percent passion is writing and music. Find what makes you feel passionate. I challenge you to follow these four steps on how to find your passion :

1.      Write down five things that you enjoyed as a child or what may interest you now. Eliminate money out of the equation.

2.      Allow yourself an hour a day for each of these things for a week and pick one or two of these things that stood out.

3.      After the week is over, explore your options and see what kind of careers are avaliable that are related or based on what you chose.  (I understand that this may be easier said then done, but it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE…)

4.      Continue practicing this activity as much as you can and expand your mind.

If you’re interested in finding out more infomation on how to find a career you love, I advise you to read this great article by Christine Zimmermann, one of the authors of the blog “The White Board.” http://blog.startupinstitute.com/2015-10-30-how-to-find-a-career-you-love/

        Throughout this blog, I will continue to guide you into the person you WANT to be, not forced to be. Money comes and goes, but your mind is indefinte.

 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment