Thursday, November 9, 2017

Why Should you Use Spotify?

By Rebecca Kirk
Motlow Buzz Contributing Writer

Have you heard of the amazing Spotify app? You can download all kinds of music for a low price every month!
 The premium for this creative app is only $9.99 a month or $4.99 for the student discount. It is a thriving company because the app enables you to listen to music whenever you want to. Spotify lets you download and create new playlists consisting of any song. It truly is amazing. 
Spotify was created in 2006 by a special team at Spotify AB. The company is located in Stockholm, Sweden. Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon founded the company. Spotify is mostly used on an iPhone or computer. On the iPhone, the app can be downloaded at the app store.





According to Google, 30 million out of the 100 million users are paid subscribers. There are more than 1 million artists on Spotify, including Taylor Sift, KB, Lauren Daigle, BeyoncĂ© and many more! Most people don’t know this, but they can also get Hulu through the student discount.
I asked three students from Motlow State Community College four questions about Spotify. Why do you like Spotify? Do you think its affordable? What top-three genres do you listen to? What’s your favorite song on Spotify?
 Josie Baldwin said, “I like Spotify because it is easy to use and has almost every song available. I do think its affordable and reasonable priced. My top-three genres are pop, rock, country. My favorite song would be, ‘I wanna to Dance with Somebody’, by Whitney Houston.”



“The thing I like most about Spotify is the fact that I don’t have to buy each song I listen to individually from iTunes” Mariana Ford, said. I do think Spotify is affordable especially with the student discount. When you think about how many songs you listen to, it saves money from having to buy them individually. My top three-genres I listen to are alternative, alternative rock and Christian music. My favorite song on Spotify changes about every week, but right now it’s a song called ‘Heavy’ by Birdtalker.”
 Kennedy Espey, the last student I interviewed, said, “I like Spotify because you can find any type of genre on there and make your own playlist or listen to other people’s playlist. I think it is affordable. My top three genres I listen to are Christian rap, worship music and throwback hits the most. I don’t have a favorite song on Spotify. I just listen to a variety.
Spotify is a continually growing company, and I use the app because it truly is an easier way to listen to music. I listen to many genres, including Taylor Swift, Lauren Daigle, and Kings Kaleidoscope.



An interesting fact: Taylor Swift just joined the Spotify team on both free and paid platform. Swift is a very important and talented artist that continues to strive and excel in every tour and concert she does. The only reason artists don’t join the Spotify team is because they don’t get paid for the music the users download. They get paid a little but not as much as the artists would if users would buy off iTunes. But that’s just it, people can pay ten dollars a month and not have to pay a $1.29 for every song. They get every song for only $10 a month.
Thank you so much for reading my blog article. I hope you learned more about Spotify and will continue to listen or sign up.
                                               
You can join Spotify by clicking this link https://www.spotify.com/us/


About the Writer: Rebecca Kirk is a Sophomore at Motlow State Community College.

No comments:

Post a Comment